Monthly Archives: January 2015

Mk2.5 engine progress

The crank pulley bolt was the target of today. I borrowed an electric impact gun from a fellow Westfield owner and set to work. This one apparently turns out a maximum of 450nm (331 lb/ft) and as the bolt should … Continue reading

Posted in Performance upgrades | 1 Comment

Bit more progress on the new engine

Surprisingly I managed to find a bit more time yesterday. Not┬ámuch, but enough to get a bit more done. First, I flipped the mk2.5 head over and had a look at the gasket. That’s cylinder 4 looking pretty wet there! … Continue reading

Posted in Performance upgrades | Leave a comment

Mk2.5 engine – head removed

I didn’t manage to find any time over Christmas, but have managed a couple of hours today. I set myself a target of removing the head from the mk2.5 engine (which I only want the block from) and got going. … Continue reading

Posted in Performance upgrades | Leave a comment