Coolant leak found?

Well, if I haven’t found it I’ve certainly made a new one! With Stoneleigh looming every closer I’ve finally gotten around to commencing battle once again. I removed the inlet manifold and had a closer look at what I’d inadvertently photographed earlier.

Coolant leak Zooming in showed it was indeed likely to be the culprit

coreplugI think it would have been easier to see if I hadn’t painted it! I set about removing it and this is what was left:

Manky core plug

Ignore the big hole at the top, I made that. It is heavily corroded and there are a couple of pin holes in it. The inside of the head doesn’t look much better

Core plug outUrgh. I’ve cleaned out the rubbish as best I can and am now leaving it to dry before fitting the new core plug with sealant.

Thanks to Fraser at Blink for confirming the size of the plug! My local Mazda dealership didn’t have a clue

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Maintenance. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s